DENTAL IMPLANTS IN HOUSTON
Dental implants are an alternative solution for patients who are missing one or multiple teeth or for those who can no longer wear removable dentures. Made of titanium, the dental implant itself acts as an artificial root for your replacement tooth.
Getting Dental Implants in Houston, TX
Before the treatment commences, a thorough medical history is taken to ensure suitability. A 3D scan is essential to assess bone quality/quantity and to plan for the implant placement. a computerized-aided surgical guide is now a standard practice to ensure more accurate placement of the dental implants.
A local anesthetic is administered before the procedure begins. The dental implant is then placed into the jaw during the procedure. The jawbone then naturally fuses to the dental implant over the course of approximately three to four months, through a process called osseointegration.
Once the jawbone is completely fused, a carefully sculpted replacement tooth (an abutment) is attached on the implant to support the crown, bridge or fixed denture. Full functionality is restored creating a natural-looking tooth that won’t come loose.
Benefits of Our Dental Implants in Houston
- The process and consultation requires fewer appointments than with dentures
- More value for money than bridges and dentures as bridges and dentures usually require replacement whereas dental implants can last a lifetime
- A permanent tooth replacement solution that poses no risk of moving or dislodging
- May look or feel more like a natural tooth
Require less maintenance than dentures, once implanted
- Easily incorporates into your regular oral health routine by brushing twice a day and flossing once a day
- Assist in protecting the jawbone by preventing further deterioration
- Less risk of cavities developing. Since dental implants are made of titanium and affixed with a crown, bridge or fixed denture, cavities cannot occur.
A dental implant is the best option for replacement of missing teeth. It is always best to try and preserve teeth with the restorative methods available. But unfortunately, teeth are sometimes lost due to dental disease, cavity, fracture or cracks, or trauma, among other reasons. For many instances, a dental implant is the best option to put a tooth in place of the missing tooth.
Get Dental Implants in Houston
Ready to restore your smile with dental implants in Houston, TX? Schedule your appointment with us today!